As we launch our Holiday Collection this week we got to thinking about the spirit of giving sparking the upcoming holiday season. One of our favorite organizations, Cookies for Kids Cancer, is celebrating their 10th Anniversary in 2018. Having just acknowledged September as pediatric cancer awareness month we wanted to celebrate one of our favorite ways to give back...
Here’s an update on the Top 10 things Cookies for Kids Cancer has accomplished in just 10 short years:
1. Just last month it was announced that an innovative therapy for the childhood cancer neuroblastoma was approved by the FDA. This is amazing because this was the VERY FIRST first therapy the organization chose to support 10 years ago.
2. Cookies has supported 80+ medical research projects over the course of these 10 years.
3. 40 of those project are now in at least a phase 1 clinical trial.
4. Over the last 10 years $15 million in funding has been granted to research new less toxic therapies for children battling cancer.
5. There have been 8,500 bake sales, lacrosse tournaments, penny drives, Ladies Nights out, Car Washes - you get the idea. What kind of event would you hold?
6. Cookies has inspired people in all 50 states and 16 countries to do what they can to make a difference in defeating pediatric cancer.
7. The first Cookies for Kids Cancer school Club was started in Calabasas, CA.
8. Cookies is fortunate to partner with physicians at the nation’s most productive pediatric cancer research centers: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Texas Children's Cancer Center and the University of California San Francisco.
9. The City of Richmond, VA has hosted a city-wide bake sale for 8 years running and has raised nearly $500,000. Go Richmond!! You can easily organize your own bake sale by using the awesome tools on the Cookies website. https://cookiesforkidscancer.org/GetInvolved/HostEvent
10. There are 10 awesome cookie flavors available to send to your friends and family. Sending cookies from CFKC is one easy and delicious way to spread the word and make a difference. Here’s a link so you can investigate all of the off the charts flavors. https://www.cookiesforkidscancer.org/Shop/Cookies
Happy Anniversary Cookies for Kids Cancer. Your dedication to looking for hope for all of the kids fighting cancer is admirable and we love you for it. We are always happy to help any way we can! xx Stacey and the Pink Chicken team.