Party Planning for the 4th with Kelsey Klos!
The 4th is quickly approaching, and after this crazy year, entertaining might seem a touch intimidating for some. Super mom and party planning pro @kelseyklos offers up her awesome and helpful tips for how to make this July 4th your brightest one yet! Meet Kelsey below...
1. Please introduce yourself and your family. My name is Kelsey Klos, my husband and three daughters, Denver (age 5) Ray (age 3) and Brennan (age 2) live in California. We moved here in 2020 from the Virgin Islands where we lived for 8 years.
2. How did you get into blogging and party planning? I have been blogging since 2009, closely following other blogs about design, weddings and parties. I became obsessed with planning parties when my oldest daughter turned one in 2016. I am always creating and designing and this was the perfect outlet to get creative. My social media platform grew mostly in the past couple of years and the thing my followers loved most was celebration details.
3. During this past crazy year, what did you miss most about entertaining? This past year was crazy because not only did the world shut down and STOP entertaining, but it's when I started a party planning company, House Of Fete, with my girlfriend Marissa. I used 2020 to focus on styling my home for small parties and we put energy into styled shoots to show what we could do and how entertaining could look.
4. What is your typical process for party planning? When it comes to planning a party, I always start with a piece of inspiration and a mood board. This helps we center my ideas and focus on what will look cohesive together. Then it's all about location, whether you are in your backyard you entertaining in your dining room, having a visual of catering to your space is so important.
5. How did you discover Pink Chicken? I found Pink Chicken through a couple of influencers on Instagram, yes, I am easily influenced. I fell in love with the quality and whimsical prints. When I saw the summer mommy and me collection I was hooked. The prints and patterns for the Fourth of July spoke to me. I LOVED that all of my girls could look perfect together without matching exactly.
6. Please tell us a quick summary of your PC party for the 4th as portrayed in the images? As House Of Fete we did a big Fourth of July photoshoot, but I wanted to plan something small at home just for the girls to enjoy! I kept it simple in our dining room and used what I had on hand to make it festive! I hung a fringe backdrop from my ceiling to transform the space. I set the table with festive placemats, melamine table ware and loads of berries and cookies! The girls got to dress up in their new outfits and load up on sugar!
7. How will you and your family actually be celebrating the 4th? We will spend it together as a family, eating hot dogs and s'mores! And hopefully we will catch some fireworks in our backyard!