Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with What's Gaby Cooking?
In prep for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations, we asked chef Gaby Dalkin of What's Gaby Cooking?
to share some of her favorite avocado-based party recipes! Simple, easy and delicious!
- 6 medium Tomatillos
- 2 avocados seeds and skin removed
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 jalapeño seeds removed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Remove the husks from the tomatillos. Rinse under warm water well and wipe clean. Cut the tomatillos in half and place into a baking pan. Roast for 20 minutes until they are tender.
2. Remove and set aside to cool. Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.