Behind the Scenes of our PC + Wunderkin Co. Collaboration Photoshoot! We had so much fun putting this shoot together with our friends and wedding experts in Charleston! Meet Mia Melin, photographer, Davinia Selfridge, event planner, and Melissa Hoyle, hair stylist for the bride. Need some wedding inspiration? Read their tips below!
Mia's Tips For Capturing the Natural Moments From the Most Special Day:
- Get to know your photographer, even if it’s a 20 min chat before the shoot, so that you feel comfortable with one another.
- Ask whoever you are shooting to interact with one another, giving them basic direction, and then letting them take the lead. I simply like to stand back and capture those authentic, unscripted, in-between moments and emotions, that’s when the magic shots happen.
- Have fun! That’s what it’s all about, right?!
Davinia's Tips For Making a Backyard Wedding Go Off Without a Hitch:
- Keeping it personal and authentic to you is what makes an intimate backyard wedding unique. I love working with couples to incorporate special details and elements, such as items that have been passed down within the families.
- From a design perspective, a garden/outdoor setting has so much to offer depending on what time of year it is, so pull from your surroundings!
- Don't be afraid to add a pop of color!
Melissa's Tips For Helping the Bride Look Her Best, and Keep Calm, On Her Wedding Day:
- Creating an intentional environment customized to the bride makes the biggest difference in a calm experience. Cultivating a great connection with your bride and designing the looks ahead of schedule helps the bride look and feel her best.
What was the most memorable or fun part of the photoshoot?
Mia: It was such a fun shoot! It’s hard to pick one moment, but I enjoyed capturing the girls playing with the flower petals after the “ceremony”.
Davinia: It was fun to do something totally different, and working with best friends never feels like work! Especially loved highlighting some of our favorite vendors in Charleston, @festooncharleston (florals) and @cheers.chs (chairs).
Melissa: It was so sweet to watch the girls laugh and twirl and throw flower petals during the photoshoot. They were having the best time!